3 Sample Cover letters.

Cover letter 1:

John Smith
1784 Maple Road
Seattle, WA 97654
Home: (345)555-2322
e-mail: jsmith23@yahoo.com

Apr 03, 2004

Dept. of Human Resources
Company Name
Portland, Oregon

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am considering relocating to the Portland area during the last week of July and am currently exploring job opportunities. As my resume reveals, I have both a Bachelors and Master's degree in Computer Science. I have more then three years of professional software development experience using C++, C and Java in PC based and real-time systems. I enjoy working in a high energy and high performance work environment. I have worked on and learned a great deal from several very interesting and complex commercial projects. Currently I am leading an extremely talented software team to build a dual-mode wireless communication device with a display interface. The total budget for the project is approximately $3M. At the completion of this project in July I will be anxious to take on new challenges and build upon my knowledge base. I am excited by the prospect of working with an organization that is both an unquestioned leader in its programming niche and an enthusiastic risk taker in an entirely new frontier.

I have enclosed my resume for your review. I would like the opportunity to meet and share more about my qualifications and the ways in which I can contribute to the team. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

John Smith


Cover letter 2:

Jerry Spencer
63778 Fiction Hwy
Miami, FL 99987
Home: (444)-453-2322
Cell: (444)-453-2224
e-mail: JS478@msn.com

Dec 14, 2005
Mr. Jim Hammond
1943 Mumble Drive
Carrollton, Texas 75007

Dear Jim:

I appreciated the chance to speak with you about management consulting at Ernst & Young. As a member of one of the top consulting firms, you provided me with helpful insights. In particular, I was interested in the specific projects you had worked on, such as re-engineering the order entry system for American Airlines. Much of my work experience is focused on dealing with new systems, and I hope to combine this experience with my communications coursework to give me the well-rounded approach that a consultant needs.

As you suggested, I have enclosed my resume. I believe my academic record reflects my determination and desire to produce exceptional work on a deadline. My communications major and business institutions minor have given me both interpersonal and analytical skills. And, I have leadership experience both as president of my sorority and as a graduate of Northwestern University's undergraduate leadership program. Most importantly, I enjoy challenging projects and thrive on responsibility.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time to speak with me about management consulting. I'll touch base with you after Christmas to confirm your receipt of my resume and discuss whether my background seems to be a good fit for a position at E & Y.

Have a terrific holiday!

Sincerely,

Jerry Spencer


Cover letter 3:

Anja Singh
22790 Main Street
Bellevue, WA 98012
Home: (335)-453-3211
e-mail: joookl@comcast.net

Feb 22, 2006
Ms. Melissa Stephenson
Manager, Executive Recruitment
Marshall's
602 Main Street, Suite 212
Dallas, TX 75202

Dear Ms. Stephenson:

I would like to interview with Marshall's during your February 21 recruiting visit to the University of Pittsburgh. I am particularly interested in a career with your organization because of your excellent reputation as having one of the ten best executive training programs in your industry. As a candidate, I can offer your company strong interpersonal skills, organizational ability and retail sales experience.

As a sales executive at Lantrip's, I developed effective selling techniques, resulting in consistently exceeding my store's quotas. Through extensive contact with customers, assisting in merchandising and performance of daily store operations, I gained valuable experience.

My internship at WKPA Radio and my work-study position at the University of Pittsburgh have provided me with an opportunity to develop oral and written communication skills, as well as experience in researching and analyzing data. I am confident that these skills have provided me with the background for a successful and productive career at Marshall's.

I have enclosed a resume for your review. I am very interested in further discussing my qualifications with you. I will contact your office on February 14 to arrange a mutually convenient time for a meeting. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Anja Singh

Enclosures


Reference and contents from: http://www.acetheinterview.com


No comments:

Post a Comment